Thursday, November 26, 2015

Battle of the BB Creams


Most of us (if not all) are concerned about our complexion and we are always looking for something that can help us achieve a smooth and flawless look.
The best solution I could ever think of to achieve a flawless look without wearing heavy or full coverage foundations on a daily basis is the heaven sent BB Creams.

Beauty Balms aka Blemish Balms aka BB Cream is a versatile skin care/make up hybrid that promises to do the job of five or six other tubes - it does save counter space and money. BB Creams serves as a moisturizer, primer, sunscreen, skin treatment, concealer and foundation, all in one tube.

I have three BB creams to share with you.

1st. Olay Natural White Miracle Fairness BB Cream - 50ML

 I have the one in the shade Fair. It has SPF15.

According to its claim: Olay has combined two powerful ingredients with a touch of MaxFactor foundation in a fairness perfectinh complex to give you a perfectly even toned skin with a beautiful glow.


My take on the product: Its a thick beige cream that is moisturizing but very lightweight when worn. I have not experience any breakouts with this product. It instantly evens out my skin tone. I give it a 3/5.

 Thickness of the product on the right, blended one on the left.

2nd. Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream - 40ML

  I have the one in the shade Medium for Combination to Oily Skin.

What I like most about this product is its scent. I don't know what's with its scent but I really like how it smells whenever I put it on. The texture is somewhere between a liquid and a cream. It is more liquidy that my other BB creams, hence, it does not feel heavy on my skin when used.



This blends perfectly, and it does not get patchy. It moisturizes my skin well. Thus, it does not cling to my dry patches ( i have some in between my brows).



 Look how runny the texture is on the right, blended one on the left.

The only low down for this product is it has low coverage. If you need to hide blemishes or acne spots, you would want to use a concealer for it. It appears to be a little pink on me whenever I use it and I have yellow undertone, but I still use it anyway. This product is great for moisturizing the skin and it evens out the skin tone with a touch of soft glow. I give this 4/5.

3rd. Maybelline Dream Oure 8 in 1 BB Cream - 30ML

  I have the one in the shade Medium. It has SPF15 and 2% Salicylic Acid.

This is the first BB cream that I purchased when I started liking make ups. This contains SPF15 and 2% Salicylic acid so this helps protects our skin from the sun and the latter helps fight blemishes.

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream is marketed as an 8 in 1, and these are:
  • conceals imperfections
  • helps protect against the appearance of blemishes
  • oil free & non-greasy
  • minimizes the appearance of pores
  • clarifies the skin's look
  • conceals redness
  • hydrates and smoothes
  • complements skin tone
 Texture and when blended

This BB cream is easy to apply and sinks into the skin quickly. This has sheer coverage that does not leave your skin oily. I like this because it does not break me out, and it does make my skin look flawless. Whenever I use this at work, they always notice how flawless and smooth my skin looks and I always tell them it is because of the BB cream that I am using. I am giving this a 4/5 as well.

All these three BB cream can be found in our local groceries and supermarkets since all of them are drugstore/high street products so we can get it easily and very affordable too.

Let me know what else you want to see for reviews next on the comments down below or on my instagram account.

Till my next post. Bye. Ü


xo,