Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Haul| Skin Care| Mario Badescu

Guess who's back? 

HI THERE! I know I have been MIA and I need to stop procrastinating and start the year right by frequently posting here.

To make it up to you, my first post for 2016 is a haul. This is my first haul post and I want to share with you guys what I have got from a brand I just heard and found out recently - Mario Badescu.
Weeks ago, I was really conscious and worried about my skin, probably a result of aging. Grr. Well, thankfully, my skin is not acne prone. I only tend to get zits when my monthly visitor comes (ladies, you know what I am talking about) and I know I am not the only one who experience it. But i feel like my skin has lost its glow. They look unhealthy and dry. There are areas that are dry and some parts are oily. My dry spots particularly on my forehead and on the sides of my nose.

Another factor that made me want to take extra precaution with my skin is my new found affection for make up. I have recently grew the desire and passion for make ups, so I really have to take care of my skin if I will be putting make up on a regular basis.

So without further ado, I would like to show you what I have got directly from Mario Badescu's website.
This is how it was delivered. What I love about them is they ship internationally. We paid $34 for the shipping via FedEx to deliver it door to door. I ordered it last December 30, 2015 and the estimated delivery date is January 2, 2016. Not bad, right? They made it possible to deliver so quick, and I was the happiest when the package was handed to me. :)
You will be able to see the invoice inside the box once you have opened it.
Some brochures and booklets to introduce the brand.
A freebie to introduce a new product, this looks promising. :)
This is how it came, very well wrapped.
HERE THEY ARE!!! :)
(3) Samples you will choose from the webiste.
  • Seaweed Night Cream
  • Chamomile Night Cream
  • Vitamin C Serum
The one on the leftmost is the introductory sample - Botanical Exfoliating Scrub.
 The main characters of my haul. :) And I'm super duper excited!
Here's what I've got and what they were for according to the website.
  • Buffering Lotion 1 oz $19 -- shrinks large, cystic pimples. Reduces cystic acne quickly. For cystic acne on back and chest. I know I dont have those frequently but I still got this one just incase I do once a month.
  • Enzyme Cleansing Gel 8 oz $14-- removes dirt, oil, makeup. Exfoliates with papaya and citrus. Oil Free gel formula. This i am so excited to try to help me remove make up.
  • Silver Powder 1 oz $12 -- immediately diminishes blackheads. Unclogs pores, absorbs oil. Tightens pores in the T-Zone area. I have tried it last night, and my first impression is that I could really feel that my face seems tightening, so I am really excited for its result after using it a few more times.
  • Kiwi Face Scrub 4 oz $15 -- reduces build up and blackheads. Natural seeds for gentle sloughing. Mineral-rich seaweed nourishes. Chose this scrub because it might help with my blackhead dilemma right on my nose.
  • Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater 4 oz $7 -- hydrates anywhere, anytime. Fine mist wont disturb makeup. Ideal for dry environments. Tried it yesterday, and I must say, it does have a really strong scent to it. I have high hopes with this one to make my face hydrated especially now during the winter and would really help me during the summer as well because as you all know, I am living in the sandpit.

Before I forget, another reason why I'm loving Mario Badescu was because they were so generous to give me a freebie (freebies, actually). Even if it was not indicated on their website that there was a GWP (gift with purchase), still they have sent me one. I was disappointed to have missed the Dec 31st new year promo - 16% off + GWP when you purchase more than $60. So yeah, if you know me, you know I will get gitty with freebies because I am such a sucker for freebies. It makes me feel special or something. And since the freebies were all travel size, all of them except for the body soap goes to my vanity bag because I want to use them on a daily basis. I really love it because its so easy to bring anywhere, everywhere. :)
My GIFT upon purchasing from Mario Badescu :)
  •   Deluxe size of the Facial Spray
  • Fruit & Vitamin A Hand Cream
  • AHA Botanical Body Soap
  • Mirror
  • a very cool pouch
So there you have it. I really hope everything that I got will work for me. I am looking forward to the results and I hope these will make my skin better. I will be posting an in depth review for all the products I've got on a different post. I have to use it for maybe a month so I can share with you all what the benefits are when using Mario Badescu on your skin. 

Btw, I have learned about this brand through my friend who's also a blogger and she also  has a post regarding her haul from Mario Badescu. Go check LunaMeetsWorld to see what she's got, maybe those can work out for you, too.

 Till my next post. Ciao!


xoxo,